Procedure for donating books and journals to the Sri Lanka Medical Library (SLML)
The library welcomes donations of books and journals. However, since the library has only a limited space such donations will be only accepted after an initial screening by members of the Management Committee.
If you wish to donate ……..
- Please prepare a list of the books (name, author, edition, year of publication etc) or journals (name, volume, year etc)
- Next contact the SLML in writing (Sri Lanka Medical Library, 6, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 7) or by telephone (2695188). The SLML staff will then arrange the Secretary/ Editor/ Members of the Management Committee to liase with you.
- The library committee members may decide to visit the location of the books by prior arrangement in order to ascertain whether these books or journal are of use to its membership
- After such an inspection (or gathering of information) the SLML will decide to accept the donation in whole, in part or not to accept it at all
- Donors are advised not to leave books or journal in the SLML premises without prior arrangement